B License Part 1
The B License Part 1 focuses on working with performance athletes in the Training to Train stage of LTPD. This course involves both theory and practical coaching work.
The course will focus more on group play within the following practices: Technical, Skill, Small-Sided-Games & Functional practices. The theory will focus on:
- Methodology – Role of the Coach
- Characteristics of players in the Training to Train stage
- Methodology – Planning a Session
- Attacking Principles (Functional)
- Defending Principles (Functional)
- Attacking Tasks from Zone 1 to Zone 3
- Defending Tasks from Zone 4 & Zone 3
- Attacking Tasks from Zone 2 to Zone 3
- Defending Tasks from Zone 2 & Zone 1
- Attacking Tasks from Zone 4
- Physical Demands of Soccer
- Priorities in LTPD
- Integrating Soccer Fitness in a Session
- Set Plays – Defending Zones 1-2 & Attacking Zones 1-2
Once coaches have completed the B License Part 1 Training they will be identified as ‘B License Part 1 Trained’.
In order to get ‘B License Part 1 Certified status’, candidates must register for their B License Part 1 Assessment on Coach Centre and complete the NCCP Competition Introduction Advance Modules delivered through the Department of Health and Wellness. For information on NCCP theory courses in Nova Scotia, please refer to the following site: www.coachingns.ca
Participants who have successfully met the assessment standards of both the practical and theory components of the B Provincial course will be eligible to apply for Part 2 of the B License Program.
- September 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th & 16th, 2017
To register for available B License Part 1 Workshops click here