FUNdamentals (U8) – 7 hours
Stage 2 of Long Term Player Development, Wellness to World Cup, is called FUNdamentals (FUN). FUN is designed for U6 to U8 Female and U6 to U9 Male players. It has also been called “Fun with the ball”.
At this stage, individual player development is paramount. Coaches and teachers should create a stimulating learning environment where the atmosphere is “Freedom and Fun.”
Coaches working with young players in this stage are strongly encouraged to take a Fundamentals course. Typically FUN courses have been hosted over a single weekend with some exceptions.
The course will provide information on the following:
- Information on Canadian Soccer Association’s Long Term Player Development model
- Develop a basic understanding of Physical Literacy.
- Information to help coaches understand the development stage of the children they are working with.
- How to plan coaching sessions considering the development stage of the children coaches are working with.
- Consider the safety factors involved in running a coaching session
- How to manage coaching sessions using appropriate content and methodology.
- Provide coaches with an online resource that they can use to plan their sessions.
- Provide coaches with advice they can use to work with players and parents in this stage.
- Coaches will receive a coach’s workbook and a Certificate of Achievement.