The Entry Level Referee Registration is closed for the 2023 season.
The Entry Level Referee Courses are offered each year in the spring for anyone interested in becoming a referee. For 2023, the Entry Level Referee Courses will be in-person for all regions. The course is composed of in-class theory and a practical on-field session followed by an online exam.
The Entry Level Referee Course is an application process. The deadline to apply is March 29, 2023.
- Due to limited available refereeing opportunities for Entry Level Referees, not all applications will be accepted
- If you are not accepted the first year you apply, we encourage you to apply again in following years
- There is no fee to apply
- Applicants MUST apply to the Entry Level Referee Course in their home region
- For example, if you live in Bridgewater you must apply for the South Shore course
- For 2023 – one exception is that Truro area applicants may choose the Suburban (East Hants Sportsplex) Course.
- The minimum age to apply for an Entry Level Referee Course is 14 years of age
- Must be 14 years old by June 15 of the calendar year you are applying
- No exceptions will be made
- Please select New Official when registering and answer all questions in detail
- If your application is accepted, an email will be sent and the registration package will be added to your account for payment to be received
- Payment must be received prior to attending the Entry Level Referee Course.
- Online payments are preferred.
- If payment is not received prior to the course start date, participation in the Entry Level Referee Course will not be permitted.
- Please read the Entry Level Referee Application and Course FAQ for more detailed information before applying.