2021 Entry Level Referee Application and Course Information
If you are a Returning Referee, please click here to be redirected to the Returning Referee Registration and Courses page.
Entry Level Referee Course – On-field Sessions – Updated June 16, 20212021 ELC On-field Sessions3 - Website
Virtual Sessions for Law 11 and Law 12 for all Entry Level Referee Course Participants
The virtual sessions for Law 11 and Law 12 are mandatory for the Entry Level Referee Course
- Register for ONE SESSION FOR EACH LAW – Law 11 and Law 12
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link for the session
- Do not delete your confirmation email and mark your calendars!
- Review both laws prior to your sessions
- The Laws of the Game and additional educational resources may be found here
- There will be a link for video for the virtual sessions provided in your Google Classroom – keep an eye out for them!
|#||Date||Time||Zoom Registration Link|
|1||Tuesday, May 25, 2021||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Session Full – Registration Closed|
|2||Thursday, May 27, 2021||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Session Full – Registration Closed|
|3||Saturday, May 29, 2021||9:00 am – 11:00 am||Session Complete – Registration Closed|
|4||Monday, May 31, 2021||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Session Complete – Registration Closed|
|#||Date||Time||Zoom Registration Link|
|1||Wednesday, May 26, 2021||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Session Full – Registration Closed|
|2||Friday, May 28, 2021||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Session Complete – Registration Closed|
|3||Saturday, May 29, 2021||11:30 am – 1:30 pm||Session Complete – Registration Closed|
|4||Tuesday, June 1, 2021||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Session Complete – Registration Closed|
The 2021 Entry Level Referee Application has closed. The 2022 Entry Level Referee Application and Course information will be available March 2022 with the courses being offered in the spring.
- This is an application process. Due to limited available refereeing opportunities, not all applications will be accepted. If you are not accepted this year, we encourage you to apply again in 2022.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Applicants MUST apply to the Entry Level Referee Course in their home region. For example, if you live in the Valley you must apply for the Valley course.
- The minimum age to apply for an Entry Level Referee Course is 14 years of age. No exceptions can be made.
New for the 2021 Entry Level Referee Course:
- the course now consists of a self-directed online theory portion through Google Classroom as opposed to in-class sessions
- a virtual online session will be included for Laws 11 and 12
- there will be one or two on-field sessions depending on your Home Region
- Dates, Times and Locations TBD (approximate time frame is mid May to early June)
- Some Home Regions may have multiple locations for on-field sessions to accommodate their registrants based on geography
- On-field sessions for all Home Regions will be posted on this page once they are available
- an Audit Course has also been added for anyone interested in learning more about the Laws of the game such as coaches, club staff, players and parents. This includes the self-directed online theory portion of the course only and is for individuals not wishing to become a referee.
IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY THROUGH DEMOSPHERE (CLUB PLAYER, 2019/2020 ENTRY LEVEL REFEREE APPLICATION, ETC.), YOU HAVE A HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT ALREADY. PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT TO PROCESS AN ENTRY LEVEL REFEREE APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR EMAIL FOR YOUR EXISTING HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com FOR ASSISTANCE.
Apply Early – New Selection Process:
- Applicants will be selected based on course space availability and requirements in your home region
- Applicants will be selected by April 15, 2021
- If your application is approved, you will receive an emailed invitation to the course
- Invitations are expected to be sent on April 16, 2021
- To complete your registration:
- accept the invitation to the course and complete the registration form
- process the initial $35 payment for the online theory portion (you must select Pay in Installments for this option)
- the remaining $70 will be applied to the credit card used in the original transaction on May 14, 2021 (you must select Pay in Installments for this option)
- Note: The Entry Level Referee Course can also be paid in full at the time of registration
The total cost of the Entry Level Referee Course is $105. The total course payment includes the 2021 Referee Registration Fee and all course materials.
Your 2021 Referee Registration will expire on March 31, 2022.
The total cost for the Audit Course is $35. The Audit Course is only for individuals wanting to learn more about the Laws of the game and not wishing to become a referee.
Online payments are preferred as the Soccer Nova Scotia Offices are currently closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If you are unable to make an online payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate payment arrangements.
If you have any questions regarding the Entry Level Referee Application, Courses, etc., please email email@example.com.