Return to Soccer Activity Plan- Phase 2 Announced
June 24, 2020
Soccer Nova Scotia’s Return to Soccer Activity Plan has been approved by the Government of Nova Scotia’s Communities, Cultures & Heritage, Canada Soccer and adopted by our member clubs.
At this stage, Soccer Nova Scotia is following Canada Soccer’s Return to Soccer Guidelines along with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Provincial Government guidelines and Sport Nova Scotia’s Return to Sport Guidelines. Soccer Nova Scotia has been working with member clubs on the step-by-step return to activity guidelines. Member clubs who have completed the first five steps in our Return to Soccer Process, including the Canada Soccer Risk Assessment Tool are able to operate no earlier than July 3, 2020, with many commencing after this date.
All activity in Phase 2 must comply with current Provincial Social Distancing / Gathering Limit restrictions issued by the Government of Nova Scotia
- Social Distanced Sessions of 50 Individuals MUST maintain physical distancing of at least 2 meters from each other
- Contact Groups of 10 are permitted without social distancing, multiple groups of 10 can train simultaneously, near one another. Each group of 10 must be at least 2 meters apart; increasing the distance is actively encouraged. While maintaining Public Health Protocols
- There will be no travel, sanctioned leagues, tournaments or exhibition games, internal club competition, only
- Phase 2 encourages a maximum of 4v4 activity and is for internal club competition, only
- While the document allows 10 participants per space, we are strongly encouraging coaches to ensure they are taking into account current physical distancing and the safety of players
- Physical distancing of two metres (six feet) will be maintained at all times unless in a group of 10 or less as per the public health guidelines
- * When possible, groups of 10 should remain consistent for soccer activities
Soccer Nova Scotia’s Return to Soccer Activity document outlines the step-by-step processes for all clubs, participants and parents involved in our game. Clubs, Coaches and participants are required to understand their part as we ease back into Soccer Activity, please review the Phase 2 Document and review the Player, Parent/ Guardian and Coach check-lists within the appendices.
Please note our Return to Soccer Activity Phases and protocols are fluid and will be adjusted when with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Provincial Governments COVID-19 guidelines change.
Please find our Return To Soccer Activity Phase 2 plan below: