Soccer Nova Scotia, a community-driven, nationally recognized leader in the development and growth of soccer, is currently looking for its next leader to fill the role of Executive Director. Soccer Nova Scotia has seen impressive growth in recent years and is the model for others to emulate. With the recent success of both national teams on the international scene, there`s enhanced interest in the sport throughout the province. As the new Executive Director, you will be instrumental in guiding the association to achieve its goals.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for ensuring the organization advances its mission, operations, and strategic directions. Other key duties include the overall responsibility for relationship management, both internal and external, organizational brand/culture, revenue generation and ultimately the sustainability of SNS. The Executive Director has the authority to direct the programs and services and is ultimately responsible for the management of all staff members and volunteers.
For a detailed job description, please see here: ED Job Description
- The successful candidate will have a relevant university degree (Business
administration, Sport Administration/ management)
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
- A minimum of five years of senior management experience
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience with financial management and budgeting
- Experience managing a diverse team
- Experience leading or assisting in the development of a strategic plan
- Achieving organizational objectives
- Experience in Public/Media relations and marketing
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial management and auditing
- Time management and effective organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate to Membership, stakeholders, external partners, vendors, and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Knowledge or experience of capital development or acquisition
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships and partnerships
- Knowledge and experience with grants and funding opportunities
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia sport system
- Knowledge of the soccer landscape in Canada
What’s in it for you?
If you are ready to lead a dynamic team that is focused on providing a better experience for all who are involved in the game of Soccer, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Soccer Nova Scotia offers a fun, collaborative work environment with flexible work arrangements. While the work is mostly done during regular working hours, a successful candidate must be available to work occasionally on weekends and evenings.
Salary: We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package (Annual salary range: $90,000 to $130,000 plus performance bonus).
How to apply: Soccer Nova Scotia values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us. All applicants must be able to provide a criminal record check.
If you’re interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 4 October 2022